Sunday, March 12, 2023

Skarmory's Bracketology – Live to the finish line!

It's that time of year again – a few days are left, so live bracket updates it is.

Autobids indicated by Bold text. First four teams are in italics, first four matchups in (parenthesis) if possible. Last updated at 5:50 PM on 03/12/23 – all games are included in this, since all games are done now! Time to wait for the selection show!

1 seeds: Alabama, Kansas, Houston, Purdue

2 seeds: UCLA, Texas, Arizona, Marquette

3 seeds: Baylor, Gonzaga, Kansas State, UConn

4 seeds: Tennessee, Xavier, San Diego State, Indiana

5 seeds: Virginia, Duke, Iowa State, St. Mary's

6 seeds: Texas A&M, TCU, Miami (FL), Michigan State

7 seeds: Creighton, Missouri, Kentucky, FAU

8 seeds: Northwestern, Maryland, Arkansas, West Virginia

9 seeds: Memphis, Illinois, Auburn, Iowa

10 seeds: Boise State, Penn State, USC, Utah State

11 seeds: Providence, Mississippi State, (NC State, Nevada), (Rutgers, Arizona State)

12 seeds: Oral Roberts, Charleston, Drake, VCU

13 seeds: Kent State, Iona, Louisiana, UC Santa Barbara

14 seeds: Furman, Kennesaw State, Princeton, Montana State

15 seeds: Grand CanyonVermont, Colgate, UNC Asheville

16 seeds: Northern Kentucky, Howard, (Texas A&M-Corpus ChristiSE Missouri State), (Fairleigh Dickinson, Texas Southern)


Last four byes: USC, Utah State, Providence, Mississippi State

Last four in: (NC State, Nevada), (Rutgers, Arizona State)

First four out: Oklahoma State, Pittsburgh, Clemson, Wisconsin

Next four out: Vanderbilt, North Carolina, Oregon, Michigan


I think Pitt is pretty clearly the bottom of the ASU/OKST/Pitt trio for me, but it's close between those three. It depends how much they care about OKST's overall record and the metrics on ASU/Pitt – it could go any way, tbh.

The 4-6 lines were really tough for me. Same with the 8-9 lines, but less so there – I have no clue what to do with the 4-6 lines. I think this is where I'm going to drop a bit compared to the average bracketologist – don't rely on my predictions in that line, I feel pretty good about everywhere else (even the 8-9 line).

Check out my bubble watch – it's better than this mess of a bracketology thing I'm trying to put together! This bracketology has barely any affect on where I place teams in the bubble watch – I prefer to look at the general consensus for the watch and build out off that, while going off the consensus for bracketology would basically involve copying brackets from elsewhere, which... no, I'm not doing that.

Also, check out bracketmatrix.com, where you will probably find many more accurate brackets/seed lines than this one. I used to be on there, but I won't be this year until the final bracket because they imposed a limit of at least one bracket in the top half over the past 5 years... yeah that's on me for not being good at bracketology. Maybe I can get top half this year? Who knows.


Bids by conference:

Big Ten: 9

SEC: 8

Big 12: 7

Big East: 5

ACC: 4

MWC: 4

Pac-12: 4

AAC: 2

WCC: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment